Despite what it may look like and sound like....God's GOT IT.


All in a set time...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

LiveActionFilms making a point or causing a problem?





I'm not really sure what to say. Have we not all "yes'd" someone to shut them up? How long was it between taping and her firing, did she report anything about this encounter? Were they quite clear on the prostitution/underage/trafficking part? I'd like to say yes. Was Amy(the office manager) setting them up for failure with her "compliance"? We don't know. But, what I do know is, PlannedParenthood offers a services that is needed in the community. ITS AFFORDABLE CARE that some people might not ever receive! There were points in the video that I cringed at the thought of the office manager being so numb to what was being said to her but at the same time, unfortunately, this is what she deals with on a daily. Young girls go to Planned Parenthood because they have no other options at times. Some of these young girls could very well be prostitutes, under age, brought here from another country to be in the sex industry against their will and some of them could be a young girl who just didn't know she could say no. Am I condoning abortion, I wouldn't say that but I'm not speaking out against it either. Please believe, I'm speaking as a Christian woman, that is not my choice to make for any other woman or girl. I understand both pro choice and pro life arguments and my decision lies with me as it should for anyone else in that situation. I don't condone females using abortion as a form of birth control at all. I have heard "friends" of mine (and I use that term loosely, not because of what they have said or done just the person), say "you can meet me at the chop shop if I get knocked up". And I have heard "friends" say they would never "kill" their baby. Both groups coming from similar backgrounds. Who is to say who is right and wrong when it comes to someone else's body? I know I don't want anyone making any decisions for me because they are not the ones that have to live with the consequences and there are consequences for both. 
So, the meat and potatoes of this is, should the office manager been fired, did she act in a manner that deserved termination? I'm on the fence. I'd love to hear her side of the story. Granted, hindsight is 20/20 but she may have a valid explanation for everything we viewed. 
Did this exposé potentially harm the funding that Planned Parenthood receives and thereby causing other young women to go without the services they provide?


What's your opinion or are you sitting on the fence with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment