Despite what it may look like and sound like....God's GOT IT.


All in a set time...

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year-2013

Can't believe another year has come and past. I don't recall if I made any resolutions, so I don't know if I kept them or not. I made a Things To Do list and I did in fact check some of those things off the list. What I didn't is now on the list again. I feel no pressure nor disappointment, only gratitude that I get to try again.
On Sunday, the speaker at church spoke of a spiritual discipline: Lecto Deivina (Contemplative Bible Reading). It grabbed my attention enough to consider this method.
I started this morning, and discovered something surprising yet, something I knew but quite honestly didn't think it was an issue, the way I believe it is now. So, I am making a resolution this year and beyooond (Toy Story humor--still a kid at heart). I resolve to seriously work on my UNFORGIVENESS issues!
I read from Matthew 11:28-30 and zeroed in on the phrase: "all you who are weary and burdened".
I wanted to see the words used and other translations and The Message...hit the proverbial nail on the head.
From biblegateway.com
As the Contemplative Bible Reading method goes I meditated on that phrase and wondered what is making me feel tired and worn out and I came up with: all that I'm holding on to. What am I holding on to guilt, anger, hurt and it all boils down to unforgiveness, of myself and others. I've got to let it go someway, somehow and there is no better time like the present.

I pray this new year brings you everything your heart desires...and more!
DroidChick...signing out. Off to do some 2013 stuff :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment