Despite what it may look like and sound like....God's GOT IT.


All in a set time...

Friday, June 24, 2011

Almost had a $150 paperweight

So, since my last post I have tried two different ROMS: CM7.0.3 and Liquid Gingerbread. Each have their own pros and cons, currently working on that list but here is the  point of this post is to talk about the fact that Liquid Gingerbread was dropping calls left and right.I was going out and needed a reliable phone so I thought I would go back to it's original state and work out the kinks later. WELL...it turned into a nightmare. I went to ROM manager about an hour and 45 minutes before I was about to leave, thinking this can't be hard and shouldn't take long. I clicked on Manage and Restore Backups. Now, let me say here that I didn't exactly backup before flashing to CM7.0.3. The only backup was when it asks you to check those two options :
Maybe this wasn't good enough or maybe you can't go from gingerbread back to 2.2.2, I don't know. All I do know is that the phone got stuck in boot mode. I got DROID and I got the red eye and that was it over and over and over and the only fix was a battery pull. I wasn't too panicked yet because I figured all I had to do was get into the recovery screen (power and x) and I'd be able to do the back up from there. About now is when the panic did set in because I couldn't do anything in recovery, the phone would reboot before anything would take place.
So, I went hunting for help on the web...checked all the usual suspects but I started with the video I used to root with thinking there would be a clue there. What I did find was instructions on flashing a sbf file via bootloader using RSD. I used RSD 4.6 during my rooting process and thought this would probably work for me. I had a time getting the PC to recognize the phone but it finally did. I then searched for "2.2.2 sbf for original droid" and found a post about a sbf file:

VZW_A855_FRG83G_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sb f

However, I couldn't find a place to download this file and ended up with :

JRDNEM_U3_3.4.3-36-1.1
After flashing this something still didn't work right, so I panicked more and tried to flash somethng used during rooting, I think that was my saving grace because I was given the option to wipe data and able to now get into recovery a little further than before. So I wiped data and then tried to flash  JRDNEM_U3_3.4.3-36-1.1 again. I was then back up and running but now here is my problem...it says Wifi error, I can't connect to wifi at all!
Here is a picture of my about phone so you can see what I'm working with:

So, needless to say, I'm shaking in my boots about any further "tweaking:" but I gotta do something!! 
HELP me!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment