Despite what it may look like and sound like....God's GOT IT.


All in a set time...

Monday, December 26, 2011

1 Week with Galaxy Nexus

So, I've been tinkering with my Galaxy Nexus almost non stop for a week now and have a few observations.
Overall it's a great phone. Of all the reviews I have read, I don't think  my dislikes are too far off base.
Basically, I think I'm impressed with the phone. I know that doesn't sound like a raving review but I'm a picky person so this is pretty good!I have only been in personal contact with one other person with this phone so I can't really judge the true feelings about this device.


Likes:


  1. Way too many things...it's really more important the things I don't like!


Dislikes:


  1. The audio of the speaker is EXTREMELY low while talking and ringtones and notifications.
  2. Phone doesn't charge effectively while connected to USB and "working"
  3. Phone charges EXTREMELY SLOW!
  4. Battery life SUCKS butt. The longest I believe I have gotten is 7.5hrs.( with very little use)
  5. Camera is a bit on the grainy side. I think my Samsung Saga took better pics than this!
  6. When first turning the phone on it takes the coverage TOO LONG to connect--only 3G, I have 4G turned off
  7. The lockscreen doesn't prevent access to the phone-such as the notification bar.
  8. There appears to be a lag in the auto rotation of the screen at least 3-4 seconds
  9. Dislike that the earphone plug is at the bottom of the phone
  10. Stock ring and notification tones suck (doesn't matter you can customize all phones usually have one or two that you like)
  11. No expandable memory ( I know this is "part" of the phone but I still don't like it)
  12. Face lock screen- doesn't recognize me with bangs...I still look the same basically...geesh
  13. When adding an app the icon gets placed on homescreen (wth is that about?)
  14. Facebook has not worked properly on several occasions
  15. I have had several FCs in the 1 wk, 1 day I have had the phone.
  16. Screen doesn't always go off when on a call (where is the sensor- I know OG Droid had this issue too)
The following could be lack of knowledge on the subject, but I will mention and hope for feedback as I also will researching:
  1. If you factory reset this phone---you lose EVERYTHING as opposed to if you had an SD card
  2. No way to do a soft reset.
  3. Syncing seems a bit more complicated  (I had an icon for music but it apparently never transferred)
For now this is it...I should have been documenting better but I wasn't...

No comments:

Post a Comment