Despite what it may look like and sound like....God's GOT IT.


All in a set time...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Haybabasilolo...


You might be asking yourself what the heck does that say in the subject...I don't know but once in a church service this lady repeated it over and over and over and over...yes AND OVER! This was more than 3 years ago and I remember it clear as day the "words", the inflection in her voice, everything. All that leads me to is this:

Have you seen the show on the new OWN network called Miracle Detectives? I've only seen one full episode and half of another, but I did set the DVR to catch more, it seems pretty interesting. The episode that caught my attention was one that spoke out speaking in tongues. If you click above that goes directly to that episodes page and you will see my comment that is below too:
Here is what I thought about this episode...It's the first full episode that I watched. I am a Christian, I believe in speaking in tongues, however I have been taught that when someone speaks in tongues and it is truly of the Holy Spirit, there will be someone there who can interpret. I didn't see that in this episode. All I saw was the  speaking, speaking, speaking....if the Holy Spirit has got something to say, why would it be in unintelligible for nobody to know what was said? Now, don't get me wrong, I have heard people "fake it" but as a friend of mine used to say: that's their sin not mine!     I have no opinion on the other part of the episode...nope.

When I first started going to a church that the pastor and other members spoke in tongues, I was taken aback to say the least. I didn't know what in the world was going on and it frightened me. It was all new to me because the church I had went to as a child was quite reserved and had none of that. There are times when it still frightens me and in those times I pray because I don't want the wrong spirits in my atmosphere. Have any of you ever experienced speaking in tongues in your church or a church you were visiting? So you believe that it's the Holy Spirit communicating? Has anyone ever interpreted what was being said? Do you, yourself speak in tongues? It took me a while to get used to it, even the first time I heard my BFF speak in tongues, I was skeptical but at least I could ask her about the experience. And even then, right after she spoke in tongues one of the other members interpreted what she has just spoken. I guess the antagonist would say, how do you really know that's what she said. To that I would say, how do I know it's not. The church I attend now, I have not heard anyone speak in tongues, nor really is it that type of atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, the Spirit does get high in there on special nights, but not a weekly thing there. If I recall correctly the Pastor said he doesn't speak against it as it is in the Bible but he really didn't say he believes that it's something that is real for this current time.

I look forward to hearing from you all: 
Have any of you ever experienced speaking in tongues in your church or a church you were visiting? So you believe that it's the Holy Spirit communicating? Has anyone ever interpreted what was being said? Do you, yourself speak in tongues?


No comments:

Post a Comment